Friday, October 15, 2010

Puchi Puchi

I remember as a child I played w/ the stupidest toys and thought they were fun. They would usually be the simplest invention, yet it grabbed my attention for hours. I'm sure some of you could even relate.

One of the simplest and most amusing for me was bubble wrap. I know I'm not the only one that was elated upon receiving a package just to pop the bubble wrap it came with.  One by one, pop, pop, pop, pop, time flies by, pop, pop, pop, its so addicting, you've even came up w/ different techniques to pop it. You do them individual, you start twisting the wrap popping multiple bubbles at one, or you do it in section. This has no age limit, I'm sure most of us would agree that there is something soothing and addicting about squeezing the life out of those bubbles and slowing anticipating the "POP". Whoever invented this must be filthy rich....




VIRTUAL BUBBLE WRAP WTF??


Do you know what Puchi Puchi is?

I was browsing through this anime magazine and I saw the heading:
Puchi Puchi, Infinite bubble wrap.

My asian senses started tingling.

From what I gathered from the ad, Puchi Puchi is a Japanese electronic toy that is suppose to simulate the act of popping bubble wrap.

So you mean to tell me if I get this toy I would have access to infinite bubble wrap?

Sold!

One of my Japanese friends went back to Japan for summer break and when she returned for the fall semester guess what she brought back w/ her?

PUCHI PUCHI


I was soo happy. For one it came direct from Japan and two I was soo ready to put this to the test.
.
.
.
.
.
.
1HR LATER
.
.
.
Ummmn, Puchi Puchi is absolute crap.
It sucks ass...

Its goal is to simulate bubble wrap and it FAILS.

FML, for getting that shit.
You get bored in 2 seconds....it produces a lil 'popin' noise when you hit the buttons...look it just all around sucks...


This is the commercial for Puchi Puchi.
It is sooo freaking dramatic. The kids in the commercial are crying and totally exaggerating.
Its funny as hell.






So yes I wasted my time on this BUT I'm very grateful that my friend thought of me and brought this back. I keep it as a souvenir.

I'll end here..Mata Ne!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Huh?! What did you say??