Saturday, May 19, 2012

All Good Things Come To An End...



*Beware post may contain spoilers*

I completed the final chapter of one of my favorite mangas today. :-(


HOLYLAND


Waaaahhhhhhhhhhh (that's my cry). I'm so sad to let this go.

I reviewed this manga a while back. It is probably the most realistic manga I have read as of late. The author is very knowledgeable in different types of fighting techniques. If you are into martial arts, you could actually learn a few strategies and tips that would assist in your form. 

Besides martial arts, you could learn so much from this manga. It embodies principles of will power, growth, the love of your peers, strength, courage, the list goes on. Like many of us, Yuu had to overcome many trials and tribulations before he found what he was looking for.

It's always sad when an exciting ride comes to an end. This manga was a fantastic ride from beginning to end and I want MORE. I was not prepared for its final chapter and wish I could continue on this journey w/ Yuu and his friends. I am so grateful  that I stumbled upon this manga and I'm even more appreciative for its ambiguous ending. I have so much questions, yet I am able to create my own answers because the author left the ending open for interpretation. 

I read the last chapter 3 times before I was satisfied with the ending I wanted lol. In the 2nd to last chapter, Yuu, our protagonist, gets stabbed randomly. I'm sure none of us readers saw this coming. I nervously skimmed through the last chapter just looking for any type of indication that Yuu was indeed NOT dead. When he did appear, I assumed he was a ghost and was crushed. It wasn't until the 2nd time around did I notice this.


The last panel shows Yuu's stitches, confirming he is alive. And now let us and all of heaven rejoice and be glad!!!!


Yesss, Yuu is alive! 

I'm not exactly certain which path Yuu decided to take, but in my mind, he now lives a normal life and is dating Mai. He continues his training at different dojos where he is developing and growing into an even stronger fighter. Though, he is no longer part of the 'streets' he secretly watches over it from the sidelines, protecting the weak and giving them hope that they too can change!



Thank you Mori Kouji for creating this incredible and inspirational manga.

I shall follow up with the Japanese live action drama with the same title. 


I will end this post with (in my opinion) one of the most moving images from this manga. 
To me it shows Yuu's growth and strength.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Huh?! What did you say??